Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Weekend will be in my Memory Forever!

Saturday I was cleaning the house like crazy because I wanted everything to be perfect for my best friends to come to my house! Hannah, Katherine, Amy, Wesley, and Nick all slept over that night because Matt and Sam both had mission farewells the next day up in Kaysville. Everyone got to my house between 7 and 8 PM and we had kinda planned to go check out the new mall downtown (City Creek) but we decided it wasn't going to be worth it because we wouldn't have time to check everything out. So instead we drove to Walmart and played the game where you are split in teams and you find like 12 items and then you switch carts and the other team has to put them back. Oh my goodness I can't believe the little random things that Walmart sells and also where they are actually kept! It was hard, and my team happened to lose :( But after spending over an hour at Walmart, our plans to go play laser tag changed because we got so exhausted! So instead we decided to rent Abduction from Redbox because Taylor Laughtner is in it and also because Amy's dorm had the movie poster hanging in their kitchen all year long. Needless to say, it was the worst movie ever, and we decided Taylor is an awful actor! haha Nick actually got up and left half way through (shortly after Andrea came to see us for a bit) the movie to go to bed. He had already seen it and decided it wasn't worth watching it all the way a second time. haha...next time, I'd probably do the same!

Sunday = farewell day! We woke up to some delicious French Toast Strada that my mom made for all of us, oh it was so yummy! Then all of us got ready for church and then headed up to Farmington for Matt's farewell! He did a good job, but not gonna lie, I was kinda yawing a lot from lack of sleep the night before. After we spoke we gave him hugs good job and made our way fashionably to his house for food! It was so yummy, but unfortunately we were still kinda full from breakfast and we had to save room for food from Sam's house! haha, but we ate quickly, got a group picture with Matt, said our goodbyes, and then we were off for Sam's farewell in Kaysville. We got there during the sacrament hymn so we were glad we at least made it on time to see Sam speak. He did such a good job! I take pride in him cause he was my FHE brother! haha but he kinda cried at the end when bearing his testimony which was pretty cute. Seriously gotta love the guys that cry with touchy subjects! haha  it makes them that more attractive! (And yes, I may have developed a little bit of a crush on him through the school year so it was even more attractive haha) After he spoke we went over to his house for awhile and I tried so hard to shove more food in my mouth, but holy cow I was so full! haha. His family was really nice to us and we were all able to ride their tandem bike! It was crazy fun, but my skirt kept flying up so I was a little worried. After the time with his family, riding the tandem bike, and saying our goodbyes to Sam, we said goodbyes to Wes, Nick, Amy, and Mckenna and Mitch who came up for Sam's talk, (they all departed back to Provo). Katherine and Hannah and I all drove back to my house where I was lucky to have them stay another night! We went to the cemeteries with my family and I was excited to see my sisters grave again.

Me, Katherine, and Hannah at the cemetery!

Monday, is actually Memorial Day!
We had our annual breakfast for our street at our house this morning and it was great to talk to my neighbors that I haven't seen in awhile. Then my parents and I met Rachel, Grace, and Katelyn at Bridal Veil Falls where we took Grace on her first hike. She actually made it up to the top and we only had to carry her a little bit at the end! She is such a big girl! I have done the hike several times now, but every time is still so special and fun. I love my family and being with them on their first adventures make me so  happy!


Grace was a little worn out after the walk up and she decided to be a bit camera shy too!


But once we got her actually in the waterfall, she was happy and smiled for the camera.

We took a quick trip to a look out spot over Utah valley, but I loved the mountains on the drive up!

We were lucky enough to watch a Paraglider take off! Geez, I miss Provo so much!

 It was nice to see it from a distance.


All in all, the weekend was a blast with a lot of my friends from college! I'm so grateful for them!

Oh and My nephew was born on May 23rd at 5:15 AM! Soooo glad he's finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment